Although a substantial amount of attention has been put on sexual harassment in the workplace, it hasn’t prevented it from occurring. There are plenty of individuals still today who are being sexually harassed by co-workers, employers, and even clients or customers who they are required to interact with.
If an employee identifies with any of the following situations listed below, now would be a good time for them to connect with a sexual harassment attorney in Philadelphia:
- The employee had to quit their job to avoid being sexually harassed.
When sexual harassment interferes with a person’s ability to work and earn an income, a sexual harassment lawyer can assess their circumstances to determine if they can sue for lost wages and/or other damages. Employees have the right to live in a workplace free from harassment and discrimination.
When that right is violated and an employee is left with no choice but to leave their source of income, their employer can potentially be held finically liable for the ways in which they harmed the individual.
- An employee had to cut shifts to prevent from having to work around their harasser.
Employees who are forced into cutting their shifts to avoid having to work around their harasser should also contact a Philadelphia, PA sexual harassment lawyer for legal advice. If an attorney determines they have the grounds to take legal action, they might also be entitled to recover compensation for lost wages, pain and suffering, mental anguish, and more.
- An employee is suffering from anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic disorder (PTSD) as a result of being sexually harassed.
Individuals who cannot relate to any of the situations described above but are victims of sexual harassment are also encouraged to schedule an initial consultation with an experienced sexual harassment lawyer in Philadelphia, PA. While they may not need to retain a legal expert just yet, an attorney will certainly help them understand what their rights are and how a lawyer can help should they decide to hire one.
If an individual would like to be connected with a sexual harassment lawyer in Philadelphia who can help them make an informed decision on how they should address their issue, they can contact the Law Office of Eric A. Shores. The attorneys at the Law Office of Eric A. Shores will help an individual understand the options that are available to them and the steps they need to take to recognize their harasser for the inappropriate behavior they have displayed.
The Law Office of Eric A. Shores is located at:
2 Penn Center, Suite 1240
1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Phone: (215) 627-9999
- Who is liable for a sexual assault incident when it occurs on unsecured property in Texas? - August 4, 2021
- When is it a good idea to contact a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania sexual harassment lawyer? - August 2, 2021
- Employees Who are Sexually Harassed in Wyoming May be Entitled to Financial Relief from Their Employer - January 21, 2021